Paburger ka naman! For many, comfort food is none other than burgers and beers. Save the date; May 28 we will all celebrate International Burger Day and Megaworld Lifestyle Malls particularly Forbestown Center, Burgos Circle in Bonifacio Global City will hold its first #BurgerAndBeerAtFTC featuring some of the resto's best burgers and beers. Watching to much Food VS Man on TLC, I thought I've seen the world's best burgers until last night at BGC. It was an endless feast of burgers last Monday night featuring Ten Hottest Burger and Beer Pairings at Forbestown Center;
1.Bugsy's Traditional American Burger and Brew Kettle (Bugsy's Sports Bar)Php355 - 200lb 100%beef patty with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes in between and potato wedges on the side paired with Brew Kettle (surprisingly our very own local Asia Brewery variant). We've had the smaller version (American Sliders) but it was too heavy already. Plain pure beef patty lets you savor the meat and choose condiments to kick the palate. That was a great burger with crunchy fresh greens and bacon on a crunchy chewy dinner roll bun-yum!
2. Call The Nurse and Blue Moon Beer (Burger and Brewskies)- seared mac and cheese in a pure beef patty-yes, it has pasta inside its burger. It has loads of Honey Sriracha Bacon together with Spiced Mustard Aoili, a generous portion of cheese sauce and topped with seared mac and cheese. I've had a bite and yes I will call a nurse if I gobbled the whole thing. I really loved their Pendong Burger- pure beef patty with bleu cheese stuffing and caramelized onions and green mangoes on top. It was a pungent nose-kicking burger punctuated by those sweet and juicy sour green mangoes and caramelized onions, it was like a bitter-sweet I-love-you surprised by a flash mob fireworks in the end - fantastic, really.
3. Angus Burger and Sapporo Beer (L'Entrecote)-Php595- the beef patty is so big you'd want to share the burger to 3 or 4. L'Entrecote takes pride of its real Angus meat and they have every reason to boast in its clean and smooth meat topped with fresh green lettuce and tomato and fries. Paired with mild-tasting Sapporo Beer, that Angus Burger made me want to learn more of meat grading processes.
4. Umami Teriyaki Burger and Asahi Beer (UCC Park Cafe)-Php538- It's the Japanese burger that's so tasty and that teriyaki sauce and japanese mayo made it more delectable. I loved the pleasure of the teriyaki flavor tucked in every bite. The burger was too big I had to keep the other half for take-away. I loved the Kirin Beer since Asahi was strong for me.
5. Old-Fashioned Burger with Bacon Jam and Stella Artois Draft Beer (Reserve Gastro Tavern) Php730- one-third pound patty with lettuce, tomatoes and onions, still the old-fashioned burger with homemade bacon jam. It's the bacon jam that sets this burger apart from the rest paired with Stella Artois Draft Beer. I want to bring home a jar of that bacon jam, it's that good.
6. Hornets Burger and Big Ass Rose Beer (Rue Borbon) Php510 - The only burger with breaded chicken topped with lettuce, honey mustard, cheese and large slices of breaded onion rings. It's that Cajun Fries and that tasty chicken burger paired with Rue Borbon's Rose Beer. I really enjoyed that sweet strawberry rose beer here perfect match with that crunchy Hornets Burger and spicy Cajun Fries.
7. Organic Farmers Burger and Hoegaarden (The Farm) Php590- true to its claim, the beef patty texture was smooth and clean, you'll feel guilty with all the meats you have eaten for years. From the farm to the plate, the meat and the ingredients were all certified organic by a third party organization. Paired with their Hoegaarden Beer, that burger sticks to you. No wonder the celebs and organic lovers frequent the farm. From a 900h.a. farm in Masbate to your plate, the idea of organic left us that special taste of security and safety.
8. House Burger and San Miguel Pale Pilsen (The Bowery) - Php 580 - made from 100% Angus Beef with salt and pepper, tomatoes, lettuce, red onions on a brioche bun served with fries on the side. We didn't have a chance to try the last two burgers on the list:
9. Triple Burger and Paulaner Dunkel (The Distillery)Php630- a triple layer of quarter pound US Angus beef patty with tomato, cucumber, lettuce, mayo, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and onion rings on side. The beer match is Paulaner Dunkel.
10. Bacon Cheese Burger and Mr. Wolf Brown Ale (Big Bad Wolf) Php700 - a certified best-seller, this burger reinforces the belief that good things come in small packages. The burger is topped with smoked bacon, mild cheddar and pickled onion paired with Big Bad Wolf's signature brew, the Mr. Wolf Brown Ale.
Now here's great news! You and your friends may just win a chance to share their love for burgers with their friends in Burger and Beer Feast Instagram Promo. Simply post your favorite burger pairing on Instagran with the hashtag #BurgerandBeeratFTC from May 28-June 7. Five winners will get a chance to treat three of their friends to a free taste of their chosen burger and beer pairing. For more information, call Megaworld Lifestyle Malls Concierge at 709-9888, 709-0888 or 09178380111 or visit www.megaworldlifestylemalls.com