Ogie Alcasid continues to inspire the nation with his music. Celebrating 25 years in the music business, Ogie Alcasid gave in to the request of many to release an album of his greatest hits with "The Songwriter and the Hitmaker" released by Universal Records last night at Patio Carlito Whitehouse Restaurant Quezon City.
The album gathers all the biggest singing and recording artists in the country to interpret Ogie's unforgettable compositions including biggest hits and his new songs, Gary Valenciano, Regine Velasquez, Martin Nievera, Piolo Pascual, Christian Bautista, Sarah Geronimo, Arnel Pineda, Noel Cabangon, Richard Poon, Jed Madela, Kuh Ledesma, Rachelle Ann Go, Kyla, JayR and Jaya rendered their best interpreting Ogie's greatest hits. A duet with his wife who recently lost voice over pharyngitis Regine Velasquez was the song "Tayong Dalawa" highlights the album's roster of stellar performances. A TV Special on GMA 7 entitled "The Songwriter and the Hitmaker" will air on Nov. 25, featuring the performances of Gary V., Christian Bautista, JayR, Jaya, Richard Poon, La Diva, Janno Gibbs, Michael V and more. I love the song "Ikaw ang Aking Pangarap" which we have grown to love from the telenovela "Lobo" aired in ABS-CBN. I also like the melody and the lyrics of his song to the youth, "Why Don't We Give" which he tries to inculcate to the younger generation today. As president of Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mangaawit (OPM), Ogie is passionate believing that OPM is alive despite the KPop sensation and 1Direction hitting the charts. Thank you very much Ogie for giving the next generation hope that OPM is alive with your new album. We will continue to support buying OPM and will continue to teach children the beauty of Filipino music. Kailangan ka namin, Ogie! Keep it up!
1. Ikaw ang Aking Pangarap - Ogie Alcasid
2. Sino Ako - Regine Velasquez
3. Kailangan Kita - Gary Valenciano
4. Pangako - Martin Nievera
5. Walang Iba- Kuh Ledesma
6. Tanging Ikaw Lamang - Sarah Geronimo
7. Ikaw Lamang- Christian Bautista
8. Pangako Ko Ang Ibigin Ka - Angeline Quinto
9. Mula Ngayon- Rachelle Ann Go
10. Tayong Dalawa - Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez-Alcasid
11. Ikaw Ang Pag-ibig Ko -Noel Cabangon
12. To You- Richard Poon
13. Tanging Ikaw - Jed Madela
14. Kung Mawawala Ka- Piolo Pascual
15. Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw- Arnel Pineda
16. Mga Nakaw na Sandali - JayR and Jaya
17. Why Don't We Give- Kyla
18. Ang Puso Ko- Ogie Alcasid
"The Songwriter and the Hitmakers" album is now available at all leading record bars nationwide. Buy original Filipino music!