I had a memorable learning experience with an ex, a teacher who used to be a dance instructor and memories reminded me today after attending Star Cinema's Grand 18th Anniversary Presentation: IN THE NAME OF LOVE Grand PressCon at the Dolphy Theater in ABS-CBN. Directed by master filmmaker Olivia M. Lamasan, the movie stars Aga Muhlach, Angel Locsin and Jake Cuenca with a heavyweight cast: Dante Rivero, Leo Rialp, Smokey Manaloto, Ryan Eigenmann, Emilio Garcia, Kat Alano, Dimples Romana, Bobby Andrews, Michael Flores, Joshua Zamora, Nanding Josef, Maliksi Morales, Paul Salas and the return to the big screen of Ms. Carmi Martin.
Written by both Direk Olive and Enrico Santos, In The Name Of Love marks the very first big screen pairing of Aga Muhlach and Angel Locsin about a former dance instruction Emman Toledo assigned to choreograph for the Governor's Ball. He meets Cedes Fernandez (Angel Locsin) and Dylan Evelino (Jake Cuenca) whose engagement is imminent. The conflict unveils with surprising twists and radical changes that evolves in their lives. The presscon attended by the entertainment media revealed the humility of Angel Locsin admitting how she learned more tips and techniques from veteran director Ms. Olive Lamasan. She had also expressed her admiration to the Eternal Romantic Idol, Aga Muhlach for his professionalism and excellent acting talent. She was surprised at Aga's versatility and skills always ready at the director's cue and learned more from making the movie. Aga Muhlach also expressed his gratitude to Star Cinema for the continued trust. In The Name of Love is Aga's 10th movie for Star Cinema after "Basta't Kasama Kita", "May Minamahal", "Dubao", "Narinig Mo Na Ba Ang Latest?", "Kung Ako Na Lang Sana" and "A Love Story".
All the stars were asked what they have done In The Name Of Love and Aga was proud to say he married Charlene and continues to do everything to make his family happy; Angel and Jake have yet to discover what they may do In The Name Of Love and Carmi Martin blurted that she remained single all these years because of giving so much because of love. It reminded me of how much I have also sacrificed to the person I loved and admitted how the tragedy had helped me become a stronger person. Dark tragedies we all go through make us stronger and wiser which this movie teaches. I have so much anticipation to what will happen to the character of Emman in this movie just as I have also been curious about the dance instructor I've met. Would the tragedy of love between Emman and Cedes be resolved in the end, or will it be a sad ending? Let's all find out on May 11, 2011. Star Cinema's In The Name of Love will have a red carpet premiere on May 10, 2011 at SM Megamall, International Premiere in Alex Theatre, Los Angeles on May 28, 2011 and at Fox Theater, San Francisco on May 29, 2011 and will be showing in all theaters nationwide on May 11.
What are you willing to do in the name of love? Win tickets to the premiere of IN THE NAME OF LOVE!
Here's how:Star Cinema, on it’s 18th anniversary, is sending ten (10) lucky winners and their loved ones to the premiere night screening of In the Name of Love happening on May 10, 2011 at SM Megamall, Cinema 10 at 7:30 pm.
Promo period is from April 30 to May 8, 2011!
- Participants must be a fan of Star Cinema’s In the Name of Love official fan page: http://www.facebook.com/InTheNameOfLoveMovie.
- On their wall, upload a creative photo of you that best illustrates what are you willing to do In the Name of Love. Put a brief description on your photo. Then, tag that special someone whom you wish to bring in to the premiere night.HOW TO TAG: Enter the symbol “@” followed by the name of that special someone you wish to bring to the premiere night.
- One (1) entry per participant only. Any excess will be considered invalid.
- Ten (10) winners will be selected using the following criteria: 20%: Number of likes (Ask your friends to vote for you!), 30%: Creativity and 50%: Content
- Submission of entries is on or before 6:00 pm of May 8, 2011. Any entries submitted thereafter will be considered invalid.
- Each winner will get two (2) premiere night tickets. They will be announced on our official website: http://inthenameoflove.ph/ on May 9, 2011 at 6:00PM. Winners will receive a private message from Star Creatives on how to claim their tickets.
- Prizes are non-transferable nor convertible to cash.
- Winners agree to the disclosure and publication of their names and other particulars as Star Cinema may deem appropriate and to participate in any photo, publicity or other media arrangements made by Star Cinema to announce winners to the general public.
- Absolutely no malicious content will be tolerated at any given time. Star Cinema reserves the right to delete, block or report any entry/content as they see fit.
- Star Cinema reserves the right to refuse and/or invalidate any counterfeit/dubious entries and activities as they see fit.
- All submitted entries will be deemed property of Star Cinema.