Cancer is the third leading cause of morbidity and mortality in the Philippines. My aunt died of breast cancer and so did my cousin. I would not want to lose another family member and you wouldn't to. Least we can all do as concerned citizens is to support causes that help ease the pain of cancer. In coordination with Maria Fatima Garcia-Lorenzo and Icar Castro, both Psychology graduate students from Ateneo formed Kythe- a non-stock, non-profit organization, Kythe spearheaded the Child Life Program to uplift and give hope to kids with cancer and their families through education and developmental activities enable them to be more knowledgeable of their illness and experience different hands on activities.
In partnership with Unilever Foodsolutions, Kythe launched the REAL LOVE Campaign to make kids with cancer able to interact and create fun and healthy sandwiches made of different ingredients and Lady’s Choice and Best Foods mayonnaise.
In lieu of this, Unilever Foodsolutions also partnered with Team Manila to come up with a specially designed, limited-edition shirt which will be available in Team Manila outlets in Rockwell, SM Mall of Asia, Trinoma and online through its website.
Unilever Foodsolutions shares the experience of giving back to the public as with the retail price of 550 pesos, part of the proceeds of the sale of each shirt (men, women) will go directly to Kythe Foundation and its operations for cancer-stricken kids.
In addition, Unilever Foodsolutions created a Facebook page dedicated to the Real Love campaign. With every 1,000 “Like” entries until it reaches 10,000 fans, Unilever Foodsolutions will donate 1,000 sandwiches to the different Kythe partner hospitals.
We can all support the campaign by buying the Real Love Limited Edition T-shirt designed by Team Manila or join this contest in cooperation with The Influential Blogger, Ms. Janette Toral who helps spread the campaign to support the said cause. Spread the LIKES to Facebook page of Real Love campaign and win the Real Love T-shirt.
Would you like to get a limited edition Real Love shirt? Follow these simple instructions:
1. Like the Real Love Campaign on Facebook.
2. On your Facebook wall, Just complete the sentence: “I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by (your response).@Real Love Campaign, To learn how to tag, type in the "@" symbol then follow with the word, "Real Love Campaign". This will prompt drop-down menu box which will present you "Real Love Campaign". Click and you should see the "Real Love Campaign" become a blue ink.
3. After writing your statement, click the attach link icon and paste the URL of this post.
4. Afterwards, change the privacy restriction of this post to "Everyone" by clicking on the lock icon just left of the "Share" button.
5. See if your entry is valid by checking my page and the Real Love Campaign Facebook Page.
6. Post the URL of your facebook wall post in the comments section of this blog.
- On October 11, the best answer will win one (1) Real Love shirt!
- Winners need to be within the Philippines only.
For more information on the Real Love Campaign, and Kythe you may call Unilever Foodsolutions at 588-8855 (Metro Manila) or 1-800-588-8855 (outside Metro Manila) or send an email through email@example.com.Please do visit Kythe’s official website (http://www.kythe.org).
Ms Janette Toral is still looking for bloggers to run contests to encourage further support for Kythe. Read her blog post about Real Love Campaign here.
Let us all help the children with cancer because they did not choose to have it. Show your real love for children with REAL LOVE CAMPAIGN now!
1.Event: Bravehearts relives the Tour of Hope in Photo Exhibit!
2.Event; Dance, Dance, Dance VS the Fatal Female Disease
3.Event: CECAP and Bravehearts sponsors block-off screening of Eclipse
4.Tour of Hope: Fight Cervical Cancer to the Streets